Monday, October 22

Walls come tumbling down with God's help...

I don't think I've ever really talked about my church. It almost seems wrong to just call it my church. Afterall, it is my family. It is a small group, and I would say an overall tight knit group. I love these people. They all have a heart for the Lord. They all are the most faithful people I know in the world. Most are so much more faithful that me. They are my Pauls. (Paul always said his sheep were to be examples of him as he was of Christ)

But to be honest, it seems the grip to one another is loosening. And I suppose that is inevitable in any active church. Some move along the paths while others prefer to hang out where they are. And Satan only messes with the faithful. The unfaithful are of no harm to him...

Here is my parable...

At this moment I see my church as having a fence. Some on one side and some on the other. The details of why the fence has been built is of no concern. The point is that the fence is there. I feel like I am sitting atop the fence. Some days I lean to one side and other days I lean to the other but then there are days I feel I am pulled to other. I know one side of the fence is moving ahead, pushing themselves to do better, but I also see the other side doing the same, just not at the same level as the other side of the fence. Both sides are alive. It's not like one is sitting on dead grass--although, I do see one side as greener than the other...Both sides are building the fence between them higher and higher and of course both sides claim the other side is building it higher and not them.

And me...I just want to blow up the stupid fence. I HATE the fence. I mean, why does there have to be a fence and seeing as there is one, why can't I just happily sit atop the fence!! Why do I feel that the fence needs to go? And why can't someone else be the one to even deal with the fence! I HATE the fence...

I doubt I am making any sense to anyone. It doesn't matter. I feel better telling my parables!

I must say though, that today a small piece of the fence was knocked down...well, maybe a better way to put it is that I am not on the fence by myself anymore. There is someone I care about a lot sitting there with me. I am thinking that for now I am going to stay sitting atop that fence and hope that I can pull the others over the fence so we can all knock it down together! I don't know what else to do. I suppsoe I could just hop the fence...but I love them and don't feel right just leaving them behind...but if they don't want to hop the fence or bust it down, what option do I have?

I feel very torn...

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I love your little picture or parable. Division not matter the type is not Godly.
Even if it is one group moving forward fast in the Lord and one content to just be.
If God intends for you to be the one to bring down these walls--He will give you the know how.
You can not just sit and wait for others to catch up.
I go to a very small church-they are my heart and my family.
I understand this. My girls are very important to me. But all I am required to do is to keep putting the truth out there-He is responsible for the rest. Many years I wonder-When will they get it?
Just thoughts.
I pray that whatever the devision is ---God brings the walls a tumbling down like back in Jericho.

Rebecca said...

Thanks Sharon for your kind words. I was going to title my post walls of Jerico, but to be honest, I couldn't remeber the story! I think we will read it this morning in devotions!

RECALLED!


The Maker of all human beings is recalling all units manufactured, regardless of make or year, due to a serious defect in the primary and central component of the heart. This is due to a malfunction in the original prototype units code named Adam and Eve, resulting in the reproduction of the same defect in all subsequent units. This defect has been technically termed "Subsequential Internal Non-Morality," or more commonly known as S.I.N., as it is primarily expressed.

Some other symptoms include:
1. Loss of direction

2. Foul vocal emissions

3. Amnesia of origin

4. Lack of peace and joy

5. Selfish or violent behavior

6. Depression or confusion in the mental Component

7. Fearfulness

8. Idolatry

9. Rebellion

The Manufacturer, who is neither liable nor at fault for this defect, is providing factory-authorized repair and service free of charge to correct this SIN defect. The Repair Technician, Jesus, has most generously offered to bear the entire burden of the staggering cost of these repairs. There is no additional fee required.

The number to call for repair in all areas is:
P-R-A-Y-E-R.

Once connected, please upload your burden of SIN through the REPENTANCE procedure. Next, download ATONEMENT from the Repair Technician, Jesus, into the heart component.

No matter how big or small the SIN defect is, Jesus will replace it with:
1. Love
2. Joy
3. Peace
4. Patience
5. Kindness
6. Goodness
7. Faithfulness
8. Gentleness
9. Self control


Please see the operating manual, the B.I.B.L.E. (Believers' Instructions Before Leaving Earth) for further details on the use of these fixes.

WARNING: Continuing to operate the human being unit without correction voids any manufacturer warranties, exposing the unit to dangers and problems too numerous to list and will result in the human unit being permanently impounded.

DANGER: The human being units not responding to this recall action will have to be scrapped in the furnace. The SIN defect will not be permitted to enter Heaven so as to prevent contamination of that facility.

Thank you for your attention!
GOD

Please assist where possible by notifying others of this important recall notice, and you may contact the Father any time by "kneemail".